EBVS European Veterinary Specialist in Anaesthesia and Analgesia
BVM BVS (Hons), BVMedSci, PGCert, MVM, Dip. ECVAA, MRCVS
Toby graduated from the University of Nottingham in 2011, and worked with zoo and small animals in Birmingham for two years. After a rotating internship at Dick White Referrals in Cambridgeshire, Toby spent three years at the University of Glasgow School of Veterinary Medicine for residency training in veterinary anaesthesia. He joined the team at Wear Referrals in County Durham in 2018 as an anaesthesia clinician.
In 2019 Toby passed the European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia examinations and was awarded the European Diploma becoming a European Specialist. Later that year Toby was awarded a Masters of Veterinary Medicine for his thesis on ultrasound-guided nerve blocks in dogs undergoing orthopaedic surgery of the pelvic limb.
Toby is passionate about teaching the of veterinary surgeons and nurses at CPD events and within the hospital. His research interests include sedation in dogs, ultrasound-guided nerve blocks and critical incident management. Outside of work Toby enjoys mountain biking, falconry and film making.
- Trimble, T., Bell, A. 2019. Anaesthetic management of a horse undergoing colic surgery with severe hypoxaemia and pleural effusion secondary to oesophageal perforation. UK Vet Equine: In press, accepted 14th February 2019.
- Trimble, T., Bell, A. 2018. Perioperative management during ovariohysterectomy for pyometra with concurrent diabetic ketoacidosis in a dog. Companion Animal, 23(8), 453–457.
- Trimble, T., Bhalla, R.J., Leece, E.A. 2018 Comparison of Sedation in Dogs: Methadone or Butorphanol in Combination with Dexmedetomidine Intravenously., Vet. Anaes and and Anal, 45(5):597-603.
- Barnes, D.C., Leece, E.A., Trimble, T.A., Demetriou, J.L., 2017. Effect of peritoneal lavage solution temperature on body temperature in anaesthetised cats and small dogs. Vet. Rec. 180, 498.
- Bhalla, R.J., Trimble, T.A., Leece, E.A., Vettorato, E., 2017. Comparison of intramuscular butorphanol and buprenorphine combined with dexmedetomidine for sedation in cats. J. Feline Med. Surg. 20(4):325-331
- Trimble, T., A Leece, E., 2016. Essential local anaesthetic blocks for small animal practice: the limbs. Companion Anim. 21, 496–503.
- Trimble, T., Leece, E.A., 2015. Essential local anaesthetic blocks for small animal practice: dental blocks. Companion Anim. 20, 518–524.