Wear Referrals is a multidisciplinary veterinary referral hospital in Bradbury in the North of England, based in our state-of-the-art veterinary referral and emergency pet hospital.
We are proud to have some of the most skilled and experienced veterinary specialists in the UK - with 18 European and RCVS Specialists across neurology, orthopaedics, internal medicine, soft tissue, anaesthesia and diagnostic imaging; our teams are ideally placed to quickly diagnose and treat referred patients. We also offer expert care in cardiology services and intensive care.
We are conveniently located 300 yards off Junction 60 on the A1 (the Sedgefield junction)
As a truly multi-disciplinary service, our nursing team in County Durham consists of 65 qualified registered veterinary nurses, Head of Nursing Services, Clinical Nurse Managers, Team Leaders, Deputy Team Leaders and almost 20 patient care assistants plus veterinary nursing students. They are an integral part of our team and work closely with our Specialists, clinicians, interns and support staff at our state-of-the-art animal hospital. Having all these disciplines under one roof means we can offer unrivalled care for patients referred to us.
Our promise and commitment is to provide the highest quality of care to every patient we treat. Our team of veterinary nurses are dedicated to caring for our patients day and night.
Our nursing team in County Durham ensures that every animal within our care has a comfortable and seamless recovery, helping each patient adapt to their procedure's effects and managing and monitoring their treatments.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- Be part of the largest Specialist veterinary team in the North of England
- Working alongside a team of over 30 vets, including 18 recognised European or RCVS Specialists
- 24/7 pet hospital offering out-of-hours are for the Northeast region
- Seeing both routine and emergency cases
- One to one nursing care for patients in anaesthesia recovery and ICU
- Highest level – green accreditation from Investors in the Environment
- Full training and support provided for RVNs joining from a primary care background
- We provide:
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Enhanced equal family leave and enhanced sickness policy
- RCVS and VDS fees paid, CPD allowance (4% of salary) and Extensive learning and development programmes
- Life Assurance policy
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Health care and purchasing scheme
- Uniform, shoe allowance and free onsite parking also included
- Company donations for team building
- Wellness package
- Recruitment reward scheme
A dedicated team with experienced discipline-specific nurses
Working alongside our multi-disciplinary team of Specialists, residents and interns, our nursing team in County Durham includes nurses who focus on a range of specialisms giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area you're most interested in. These areas include anaesthesia, cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency and critical care, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, physiotherapy and hydrotherapy, rehabilitation, theatre and surgical nursing.
We also have a team of multi-disciplinary nurses who work across all of our services, providing an opportunity for variety if you're keen to work across all disciplines.
At Wear Referrals we are a training hospital with student nurses and a post-registration programme to help nurses working alongside our team.
“I have been at Wear Referrals for eight years, starting off as student nurse and working my way up to become Clinical Nursing Manager.” - Anouska Rogers Smith, Clinical Nurse Manager- Quality & Compliance
This role has been the most rewarding of my career and the most challenging. I love the fast pace and constant learning opportunities that come with working in this area of veterinary medicine. I am looking forward to growing my knowledge base and sharing what I’ve learnt with you. - Justyne Hughes, Clinical Manager- Workflow & Process
Interested in experiencing life as a referral nurse at our practice?
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our nurse experience days. It gives you a chance to meet the team, enjoy a guided tour of the practice hospital and learn about our nursing opportunities.
Click here to register your interest and a member of the team will get in touch about arranging a date that’s suitable for you.
Newly qualified veterinary nurse?
As a newly qualified veterinary nurse, you may be interested in our Post-registration Programme, for more information, please click on the button below: