At Wear Referrals, our veterinary team always strives to provide friendly and knowledgeable support, and we recognise that all businesses impact the environment in various ways. As such, we are committed to improving our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are extremely proud to have achieved both a coveted Green award AND winning the 2022 'Overall Outstanding Achiever' award from Investors in the Environment (iiE) for our sustainability achievements.
The Green award is the highest accolade the national accreditation scheme gives businesses working to reduce their carbon footprint, and winning the Overall Outstanding Achiever award is testament to our team's outstanding environmental work.
You can read more about our Green iiE accreditation here.
Wear Referrals, part of Linnaeus Veterinary Limited, is a multi-disciplinary veterinary referral service in Bradbury in the North of England, based in a state-of-the-art veterinary referral and emergency small animal hospital. We look after animals referred to us by vets from all over the UK and are extremely proud to have achieved a Green award from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
At our hospital, our team works hard to provide friendly, knowledgeable support to pet owners, while maintaining the very highest standards in patient care and client service.
Our core environmental impacts are Climate Change, Waste Management and Responsible Pharmaceutical and Chemical Stewardship. We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and our ambition is to continually improve by:
- Accessing sustainability-focused forums and training
- Monitoring key resources such as electricity, gas, water, anaesthetic gases and transport, and setting reduction targets
- Calculating a Scope 1, 2 and partial Scope 3 carbon footprint, and setting an annual reduction target
- Using sustainability performance metrics to drive change
- Supporting sustainable transport options and healthy lifestyles for our Associates
- Carrying out One Health projects
- Improved resource management including sustainable procurement choices and waste management plans
- Providing our clients support on responsible preventative care strategies
- Accepting returns of unused or out-of-date veterinary medicines to our practices
- Being compliant with applicable environmental regulations and meeting our clients’ expectations.
Wear Referrals are committed to reducing their environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our practice is registered on the iiE Green Directory.
Elisa Robinson is our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
We communicate this policy to our Associates, ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters and opportunities to make changes. We make this policy available to our clients through our practice website and we welcome ideas or questions from clients via our Client Care teams.
For further questions on Linnaeus Sustainability, please contact
Name: Elisa Robinson
Position: Investors in the Environment Lead and SLT representative for Wear Referrals