Wear Referrals our veterinary team is always striving to provide friendly and knowledgeable support and we recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of ways. As such, are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
Wear Referrals are proud to be working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have recognised the following important environmental impacts associated with the provision of veterinary care:
- Consumption of electricity, water, gas and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procures goods and services with their own environment impact
Whilst guaranteeing quality service that will improve the health and wellbeing of our patients, our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Commitment to net-zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars Sustainable in a Generation and Linnaeus sustainability policies
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and client expectations
- Monitor our vital resource usage and implement conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimise unsustainable transport use
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff
- Work with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publish and distribute of an annual organisational sustainability report
The introduction and operation of the Environmental Policy is a commitment of Wear Referrals management and a shared responsibility with our Associates. Maren Junior is the Sustainability Champion has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
As part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan, this policy will be assessed by Wear Referrals annually.
Signed: Ben Harris
Position: Clinical Director
Position: 8 August 2020