Would you like to work alongside specialists at the cutting edge of veterinary medicine? Unleash your potential with a Wear Referrals Internship.
We are pleased to offer one-year rotating Internships at our multi-disciplinary referral centre. Internships at Wear Referrals provides an opportunity for career development and can act as a steppingstone towards small animal residencies and other postgraduate programs. It also provides exceptional experience for those wishing to return to general practice. All our Interns have a Veterinary Degree registerable with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and have at least one year post graduate experience in a small animal practice.
The programme is designed for highly motivated Veterinary Surgeons who wish to expand their clinical knowledge, skills, and experience, working under supervision in a multidisciplinary referral hospital, and participating in the provision of an emergency out-of-hours service. Second year Specialist Internships may be available at the end of this fixed term contract and we also offer a Residency Training Program in selected disciplines.
Involvement in clinical research, CPD and externships is actively encouraged. This is complimented by journal clubs, in-house specialist lectures, seminars and small group teaching. We offer our interns the opportunity to assist our Veterinary Surgeons and Specialists, not just to observe from the sidelines.
Why join Wear Referrals?
Wear Referrals not only boasts a truly multi-disciplinary centre with diplomate-led services, but we are also part of the Linnaeus Group. At Linnaeus we have the largest network of specialist-led referral practices in the UK and Ireland, with over 120 interns and 90 residents working across the group with endless career opportunities. As a company that is part of Mars Veterinary Health we are committed to excellence and making A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
We are based in a purpose build, award winning Hospital located in County Durham in the North East of England, with very easy access off the A1 and ample free onsite parking for both visitors and staff.
How else will you benefit?
We are passionate about enabling you to develop yourself and your career. A high percentage of our previous interns have progressed into discipline-specific internships and residencies. There are so many opportunities to progress into residency training at Wear Referrals or across the group.
Alternatively, we can support you to become a highly-skilled clinician and progress your career within primary care practice.
Whatever path you choose, you will also benefit from:
- Excellent in-clinic training from specialists in our multidisciplinary practices
- 1:1 mentoring with a trained mentor within a framework of monthly mentoring sessions
- Regular check-in meetings with the Linnaeus Internship and Residency Manager
- Small group seminar teaching
- Monthly intern film reading sessions
- Professional skills development
- Research skills training
- Support to undertake clinical research
- RCVS Knowledge Library subscription for journal access
- RECOVER online basic and advanced life support training
- Career development workshop
- Unrivalled network of specialist-led referral practices and over 120 Specialist pathway internship and residency training posts
- Access to careers within our network of excellent primary care practices.
For more information, please go to https://www.linnaeusgroup.co.uk/careers/internships.