Our soft tissue service is staffed by Mark Gosling, Laura Homer and Jon Hall, who work alongside a team of dedicated, experienced soft tissue nurses.
We accept referrals in all areas of soft tissue surgery, including laparoscopy and thoracoscopy. We work closely with colleagues in our internal medicine, diagnostic imaging and anaesthesia departments to ensure patients referred to us receive comprehensive clinical care.
At Wear Referrals, we are one of the very few centres in the north of England to be able to offer this genuinely multi-disciplinary approach, and we firmly believe that, due to the complex nature of many soft tissue cases, it enables us to offer the best standard of care for our patients.
Wear Referrals boasts extensive in-house diagnostic facilities, including a laboratory, endoscopy, CT, 1.5T MRI and in-theatre fluoroscopy with digital subtraction capability.
- Ear, nose and throat
- Brachycephalic upper airway obstruction (BOAS) surgery
- Laryngeal tieback
- Total ear canal ablation & lateral bulla osteotomy (TECA-LBO)
- Tumour excision +/- reconstruction
- Oesophageal surgery
- Stomach - e.g. pyloroplasty, partial gastrectomy, GDV
- Intestinal, including rectal surgery
- Urinary surgery
- Ectopic ureters
- Hydraulic urethral occluder placement
- Prostatic cyst or abscess management
- SUB placement
- Other abdominal surgery
- Liver lobectomy
- Partial pancreatectomy
- Portosystemic shunt surgery, including portography and portal pressure measurement where indicated
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Lung lobectomy
- Thoracic trauma
- PDA ligation (e.g. for patients that are too small for interventional procedures)
- Hernia surgery
- Including perineal, diaphragmatic, peritoneo-pericardial
- Reconstructive surgery/wound management
- Subdermal plexus/axial pattern flaps
- Free skin grafting
- Minimally invasive surgery e.g. organ biopsies (liver, pancreas, lymph node, kidney), ovariectomy, pericardiectomy, cholecystectomy