Hydrotherapy can significantly improve the quality and rate of healing following surgery or traumatic injury, as well as helping improve and maintain mobility and comfort in arthritic and elderly dogs.
We have developed and implemented recognised standards and procedures at Wear Referrals, to provide clients and referring vets with the confidence their dog’s rehabilitation is in the best hands.
After surgery, the careful use of hydrotherapy rehabilitation can enhance a pet’s return to fitness and a return to the best possible function. Hydrotherapy can enhance overall general health and fitness, aiding convalescence and speeding up recovery.
Our hydrotherapy team are trained to the highest standards and we’re committed to working with vets and clients to ensure pets receive the highest-quality rehabilitation available.
We are members of the Canine Hydrotherapy Association (CHA), Institute of Registered Veterinary and Animal Physiotherapists (IRVAP) and Institute of Canine Hydrotherapy (ICH).
The effects of hydrotherapy on body tissues include:
Relief of pain, swelling and stiffness
- Muscle strengthening and maintenance, alleviating muscle spasms
- An increased range of motion in the joints
- Improvements in circulation and cardiovascular fitness
- Faster tissue healing and overall speed of recovery
- An improved quality of life for arthritic and elderly pets