Our Video Consultation Service allows our veterinary team to assist clients when we’re not able to provide care and treatment in the surgery. This is particularly important during the current COVID-19 situation.
Using a technology platform called Microsoft Teams, our clinicians can give advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. In certain circumstances, we may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases, where no other more suitable arrangements can be made.
Please contact our reception team and we can provide more detail about the service and discuss the best way to offer a consultation.
How does it work?
- Referring vets can call the hospital on 01388 777 770. Our receptionist will take some information from you and decide what is the best way to manage your request.
- A further telephone triage appointment may be required in order to determine if a video consultation is appropriate.
- Client will need to email back to the hospital and confirm they are happy to progress with the consultation.
- Once this has been confirmed, the hospital will email back with the time of the appointment and the link to follow for the video consultation.
- The appointment will then take place as planned as a video consultation.
Following professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
To offer this service we have engaged with the RCVS on the current Medicines Act. In the circumstances of the coronavirus outbreak, some relaxation of these rules are permissible, such as when an owner must remain isolated at home or where treating a pet in hospital is not practical and no reasonable alternative is available. Under these circumstances a video consultation can be appropriate.
Video Consultation Service terms and conditions
- Our vets will be able to give general advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. We may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases where no other more suitable arrangements can reasonably be made. Depending on the individual circumstance of any request – the final decision to conduct a video consultation will be made by the hospital.
- The Video Consultation Service can only be booked once our veterinary team agree it is appropriate to do so. In the first instance you must call the hospital, where the options available will be discussed with you. Any agreed video consultation must be pre-booked and is subject to availability.
- Fees will be charged in line with our standard consultation fee. Payment will be taken prior to the video consultation appointment with receipts sent via email or post. Payment for any further treatments or medication will be taken after the consultation. You will need to call the hospital to agree how medication can be obtained (if posted, an additional delivery charge will apply – depending on the delivery service requested)
- The video consultation will take place using the technology platform Microsoft Teams. The Microsoft Teams app must be downloaded and installed prior to the consultation. Please note that use of the app is subject to your agreement to Microsoft’s terms and conditions. This app is currently free of charge (as of 23.03.20) – however please consult your app provider for the costs at the time of download. You will be responsible for all costs charged by your network provider relating to the use of this service.