1) Wear is a specialist led large multidisciplinary referral hospital that is able to provide holistic care and does not rely on sporadic visiting specialists for care provision. The complementary and close relationship between the referral services allows for smooth internal transfer of patients between services should it be required.
2) The team are focused on excellence in clinical provision and supporting referring practitioners to provide a great client experience and also support the professional development of our colleagues. Jon Hall (Head of the Soft Tissue Department) is a Fellow of the RCVS and Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy demonstrating his passion for clinical work and postgraduate training that drives the soft tissue team. The hospital is an ECVS accredited specialist training centre.
3) High end diagnostic and surgical facilities, including the provision of laparoscopic / thoracopscopic procedures (with fixed price laparoscopic ovariectomy £500 and liver biopsies £900), harmonic instrumentation, fluoroscopic suite for procedures such as ureteral stenting and subcutaneous ureteral bypass (SUB) and CT / MRI.
4) Our out-of-hours provision means that if your clients come in to us outside of normal working hours, then referral to the soft tissue department can be seamlessly facilitated with your consent in the morning. Surgical in-patients also receive 24 hours veterinary surgeon supervised care.
5) Our soft tissue nurses are dedicated to the service; they are highly experienced and skilled in managing complex soft tissue surgery patients following reconstructions, major oncological and thoracic surgeries.